|Add to personal calendar|
|Date:||Saturday, March 6, 2021|
|Time:||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Speaker:||Peter Nitzsche. Kris Holmstrom, Meredith Melendez and Ken Greene from Hudson Valley Seed Company|
|Description:||The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum and Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Morris County are teaming up to present their Annual Community Garden Conference for the eleventh year in a row. It’s going to be virtual this year but we have an impressive list of session speakers, all experts in their field who will cover topics relevant to community gardeners, garden managers, and those trying to establish a new community garden. Some of the sessions will be live and others recorded so you can watch at your leisure.
The topics for the 2021 conference include:
• Keynote speaker Ken Greene, founder of Hudson Valley Seed Company
• Ask the Experts with County Agent and Rutgers Vegetable Expert Peter Nitzsche and Kris Holmstrom, Rutgers Vegetable IPM Expert on Understanding Disease Management in a Community Garden
• Food Safety in Community Gardens by County Agent Meredith Melendez
• Seed Starting by Rutgers Master Gardener Grace Tshanakas
• The Pest Patrol: Discovering Pests and Diseases in Community Gardens by Rutgers Master Gardener Community Garden IPM Team
• The Coordinator’s Round Table moderated by Ned Gardner, Co-manager of the Ted Largman Community Garden
• Vegetable Garden Planning for Community Gardens by Rutgers Master Gardener Brian Monaghan.
Some of the sessions will be recorded prior to the conference so you will be able to watch them at your leisure and some will be live with a Q&A in real time on March 6. This program is eligible for 5.0 Rutgers Master Gardener CEU’s.
Date: Saturday, March 6
Time: 9:00 am
|Sponsor(s):||Friends of the Frelinghuysen Arboretum|
|Contact:||cynthia triolo, 973-285-8306|