Thursday, April 14, 2022
8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
This online course presents the basic chemistry and treatment methodologies used in drinking water and wastewater operations. Even if you aren't taking a licensing exam in the near future, let this class help you to review and reinforce the basics!
Topics to be covered include:
- Back to the Basics - balancing equations, chemical symbols, detection limits, scientific notation, etc.
- Chemical contaminants of drinking water and NJDEP/USEPA MCLs/wastewater discharge limits
- Wastewater treatment chemistry
- Secondary "nuisance" chemicals related to water treatment
- Chemical disinfection - including alternative disinfectants
- The chemistry of corrosion control/impact to wastewater
- The chemical principles of coagulation, flocculation & filtration
- Basic chemical dosage calculations and problem solving
Registration Fee: $280.00; Multi-Person Registration Fee: $250.00; NJLWO Fee (T/W/VSWS License Holders Only!): $140.00
Rutgers NJAES Office of Continuing Professional Education
Carol Broccoli, 848-932-7207